Our Commitment to Accessibility
Sofina Foods Inc. and the Sofina group of companies are committed to respectfully treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner by implementing accessibility requirements under applicable accessibility legislation, such as the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the “AODA”) or as indicated by other provincial legislation as appropriate for our locations outside of Ontario.
Accessibility Plan and Policy for Sofina Foods Inc.
This accessibility plan and policy outlines the commitments and actions that Sofina Foods Inc. will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. This plan and policy addresses the applicable areas of the Integrated Accessibility Standards (O. Reg. 191-11) under the AODA.
1. Accessible Emergency Information
Sofina Foods Inc.is committed to providing customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Sofina Foods Inc. will provide training to employees on applicable accessibility laws and on the Human Rights legislation as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of those employees. Sofina Foods Inc. will ensure that appropriate records are kept of all AODA training provided to employees.
Sofina Foods Inc. will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet applicable accessibility laws by January 1, 2015
- Ensure all employees are aware of this policy and how it applies to them and their interactions with any individuals with disabilities
- Include an accessibility section in the new hire orientation program
3. Information and Communications
Sofina Foods Inc.is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. In order to do so, we will consult with people with disabilities who identify a specific need to determine their information and communication needs.
Sofina Foods Inc. will take the following steps to make all new websites and content on those websites conform to WCAG 2.0, Level A by January 1, 2014:
- Communicate accessibility standards with respect to new websites and major content changes to internal parties responsible for these areas and associated external third parties
Sofina Foods Inc. will take the following steps to make ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015:
- Identify and review our Customer complaint line and website feedback processes to ensure that people with disabilities are able to communicate with Sofina Foods Inc. and provide the relevant training to the individuals that are assigned to the customer service department and website
Sofina Foods Inc. will take the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016:
- Ensure website and consumer website identify how to contact us to declare their communication accessibility needs
Sofina Foods Inc. will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform to WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021:
- Communicate accessibility standards with respect to websites to internal parties responsible for these areas and associated external third parties
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and current employees that, when requested, Sofina Foods Inc. will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired by January 1, 2016:
- Ensure Human Resources and hiring managers are informed of our accessibility policy and how to deal with accessibility requests from applicants
- Ensure recruitment and selection tools including screening tests and our applicant tracking system are available in an accessible format when requested
- Ensure external job postings/advertisements include Sofina’s commitment to consider individuals with disabilities in the recruitment and selection process
Sofina Foods Inc. will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability by January 1, 2016:
- Provide training to individuals that will create the accommodation plans and return-to-work policies
- Establish a process to deal with the escalation of complex disability cases in which medical resources may need to be consulted
- Provide training to supervisors on the topics of: duty to accommodate, roles and responsibilities and return to work process
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities needs are taken into account if Sofina Foods Inc. is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes:
- Provide training to Human Resources and supervisors on performance management, career development and redeployment regarding how to ensure accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are considered
Sofina Foods Inc.will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified:
- Establish a process with internal affected parties to review barriers to accessibility and consider accommodation options
For more information regarding this accessibility plan and policy or to request an accessible format of this document, please contact our Communications Department at: email@example.com or contact our Customer Service line at 1-888-588-1931 ext. 397.